Thursday 26 February 2009

Enough! - No More Knitting

I was so wounded by my bad jumper design that I switched allegiances from knitting to sewing. After all, I've always loved sewing and I've got a whole heap of hand stitched patchwork quilts in my back catalogue.

My darling boyfriend had looked at me in disbelief when I voiced my change of direction, however several weeks down the line when I was nearing completion on a new patchwork quilt he had come to accept that sewing was the new knitting. I even managed to convince him to sew a block for me, no mean feat believe me.

Then my sister announced that she was pregnant ...and knitting became the new sewing ...again.

My poor patchwork quilt hasn't had my attention for a good seven months now and is unceremoniously bundled in a wicker basket in a corner of our spare room. Sorry quilty, I'll finish you one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment