Thursday 26 February 2009

The Bad Project - Where It All Went Wrong

I loved my needle tidy, and so I decided to design a jumper using the same aran yarn and some vintage buttons that I had picked up at a market in Hamburg.

Picture the scene ...me and a pal, riding around Hamburg on very old rented bicycles, we stumble across a market and I find these buttons. I even managed to haggle in German, and the only German I know is how to count from one to twenty! It was fate, I was going to make a jumper with these buttons and I would cherish it forever.

But I hate hate hate the jumper that I ended up with. The resulting material was too scratchy and it was too rigid to wear. It has been in my knitting basket in it's current almost-but-not-quite complete state for a year now.

Looking at the photos below, it doesn't look that bad, it's just not suitable for a jumper. I might turn it into a cushion or something.









No comments:

Post a Comment