Thursday 26 February 2009

Baby Boom - Cabled Jacked

The return to knitting

When my lil' sis Clo announced she was expecting, I naturally decided to knit something for the baby.

As a newbie to the world of baby knitting I googled "baby knitting" and was swamped with "Debbie Bliss this", "Debbie Bliss that". Who is this Debbie Bliss? I bought her first baby cashmerino book to find out.

I showed Clo the book and asked her to choose something for me to knit. Big mistake. She couldn't decide. She claimed to love everything.

I promised I'd give it a go.

I started with the cabled jacked, using the yarn suggested in the book.

Debbie's baby cashmerino yarn is lovely to work with, see below the finished garment and a closeup of the material.




...and below, images from Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino book.

No comments:

Post a Comment